Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 8-14 question #2

I have learned so much in this class, it's hard to pick just a few. What I liked about this class is that every topic discussed had some if not complete relevance to my own life. I liked that in every weekly discussion, people had the opportunity to use their own personal examples and apply them to the concepts. My favorite thing about the class would have to be the movie analysis because not only was it fun, but it was an interesting way to look at the movies we already saw and liked! For instance, I did my paper on the movie Mean Girls, and although I had seen the movie plenty of times before, I never took the time to sit down and analyze it the way I did for the paper. It was really interesting to break it down and see the concepts from the book applied in media. My least favorite thing about the class would have to be the strict rules on posting our blogs. I found it difficult to try and post 12 hours apart every week, especially being a full time student and working at the same time. Other than that, I really enjoyed the class and would recommend to all students here at SJSU :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey JPrado. You did a really good job on your post this week. I enjoyed reading about what you liked best about this class. I really enjoyed this class as well. I really enjoyed the movie analysis paper too. I really liked that you analyzed Mean Girls. Like you I have seen that movie many times, but I never really thought of them as a small group. I would have liked to have read your paper. It sounds like it would have been really interesting. My least favorite thing about the class was the time restrictions on the blog posts as well. We all know how busy we tend to get that the 12 hours in between each post was hard to follow sometimes. I would recommend this class to others ass well. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete